ABOUT | Environment and safety
Westfal-Larsen Shipping is one of the world's most safety and environmentally conscious shipping companies. The vessels - are owned and technically managed by Masterbulk Pte Ltd., Singapore and Westfal-Larsen Management Bergen - are administered, maintained and operated not only to meet the latest international and national conventions, but also are manned by personnel of one nationality, some of whom have over two decades of trade experience with the owners and are well versed with the requirements.
The owners/managers have a reputation of operating vessels with clean records; none of the vessels have ever been summoned for detention.
It is the policy of the owners/managers/operators to:
- meet the safety, security and environmental regulations governing the shipping industry.
- ensure that vessels are always seaworthy.
- provide a quick dispatch to vessels with respect to cargo handling and care.
- operate a fleet of own double-hulled vessels - this ensures complete protection of the environment in case of unforeseen situations.
- ensure the continuous preventive and maintenance policy of the owners/managers and crew training regarding safety and the environment, and that cargo interests are guaranteed safe delivery.
- ensure all vessels are classified to the highest standards of Det Norske Veritas of Norway.
- ensure that the fuel they procure is sufficient to meet the latest requirements of the MARPOL regulations.